Hazardous Waste & Sharps

Sharps Container

Household Hazardous Waste Collection Information It is illegal to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) through the automated residential collection program. HHW must be disposed of at a certified hazardous waste collection center. Residents may take their used motor oil to more than 600 oil recycling centers in Los Angeles County. Call 1(888) CLEAN-LA for a complete listing. Household Hazardous Waste includes, but is not limited to:

  • Used Oil
  • Solvents
  • Batteries
  • Cleaning Products
  • Wood Preservative
  • Old Paint
  • Pesticides
  • Pool Chemicals
  • Printer Cartridges
  • Old Road Flares
  • Fluorescent Lights
  • Electronic Waste

Sharps Containers

Residents can pick up their Sharps container at City Hall during business hours from the reception desk. City Hall is located at 18747 Clarkdale Avenue. For more information, call (562) 865-6262.