Artesia Small Business Grant Program
The City of Artesia's Small Business Grant Program is for small businesses in Artesia who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. Artesia’s Small Business Grant Program provides businesses with assistance in job creation and retention. Artesia businesses grant will provide $10,000 for businesses with up to 15 total employees (not including the owner).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
In order to be eligible for funding, agencies must meet the following criteria:
- The business must be within the City of Artesia and must have been in operation as of March 1, 2020.
- The Program will be limited to qualifying business owners that are for-profit businesses ordered to close by either the state or local government or had to lay off at least 1 full-time or part-time employee due to circumstances created by COVID-19.
- Proof of loss of income (comparison year is fiscal year 2018/2019, or calendar year 2019 based on the business practices).
- Must have a valid City Business license at the time of applying
- Business must not have active code violations
- Business must provide proof of a valid Certificate of Occupancy
- Business must have a commercial storefront (no home base businesses can apply)
- Business must be up to date on paying Measure V taxes prior to being awarded
- Business must be able to provide a copy of the property lease or show proof of property ownership
Along with the below application, the applicant will need to provide a valid business license and proof of a Valid Certificate of Occupancy at the time of applying. Only one application will be accepted per applicant regardless if owner has multiple business interests within the City. Participating businesses will be tracked over the course of a year to ensure retention was maintained as a result of receiving the grant. Businesses must provide receipts to show how the grant funds were used and have a commercial storefront (no home based businesses can apply).
The City will accept the first 40 applications so make sure to get your application in as soon as possible. For more information, contact Clarissa Chavez at (562) 865-6262, ext. 249 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click below for detailed program guidelines and the application form.