Parks & Recreation
- Click the link above to download a pdf of the city's 2013 event calendar.
- Artesia Senior Center
- Park Bench News
Every two months the City of Artesia publishes a community newsletter called the Artesian. In each issue page 4 is reserved for information regarding the Parks and Recreation Department Activities. You can find a copy of the Artesian in your mailbox, at City Hall, Artesia Park or AJ Padelford Park.
The Parks and Recreation Department also produces a Quarterly brochure which includes all community events, recreation classes, and adult and youth sports activities happening during the quarter. You can pick up a copy of the brochure at either park, or you can download it here:
- A variety of recreation classes in dance, exercise, music and crafts are offered for ages as young as two years old up to adults. Please see the Park Bench News for course listings.
Registration for all Parks and Recreation Department programs, classes and excursions is completed by filling out the minor or adult registration form and submitting it to the Department along with any applicable fees. For your convenience, the registration forms can be downloaded and completed at home before submitting to the Department.
The Artesia Senior Center is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Albert O. Little Community Center located at Artesia Park. Nutritional meals are provided by Oldtimers Foundation Monday through Friday at 11:30 a.m. to adults age 60 and over. Reservations are required 24 hours in advance. Reservations can be made by phone at (562) 924-6509.
- Bingo games: Monday, Tuesday, & Friday from 8:45 to 10:30 a.m.
- Line Dancing: Tuesdays 9:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- Loom Knitting Workshop: Wednesdays 10 to 11:15 a.m.
- Wednesday Club meets first four Wednesdays of every month, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Portuguese Social Hours are held the first Friday of every month from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Please see Park Bench New for upcoming excursions and activities.
- Adult Sports Leagues
Men’s Slow-pitch Softball
Wednesday nights, starts mid-February
7 to 10 p.m.
$320 per team + $30 forfeit fee
$12 Umpire fee
Co-Ed Slow-Pitch Softball
7 to 10 p.m.
$320 per team +$30 forfeit fe
$12 Umpire fee
New league starts late February
18722 Clarkdale Avenue
Artesia, CA 90701
The Artesia Library is a County operated public library which is located on the Artesia Park grounds. The Library offers numerous activities throughout the week including homework help for elementary and middle school children. There are also arts and craft opportunities, story times and adult learning sessions. For a complete list of activities, please visit the library’s web page listed above.
Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire
Please click on the link below to download our questionnaire. Completed questionnaires can be turned in at City Hall, Artesia Park or AJ Padelford Park.