Victor Manalo, Ph.D. is Program Director at Claremont Lincoln University, a graduate online university that works with professionals who want to engage for positive social change. He has held various leadership positions with the National Association of Social Workers at the local, state, and national levels.
Dr. Manalo was first elected to the Artesia City Council in a special election in 2007, and in 2009 he was re-elected to serve a four-year term. He served as Mayor in 2010-2011. He is the Regional Council Representative on the Southern California Association of Governments, the Immediate Past President of the California Contract Cities Association, and Board Member to the Southeast Los Angeles County Workforce Development Board. His priorities include engaging with Artesia residents through town hall meetings, promoting volunteerism, revitalizing the downtown shopping corridor, and stabilizing the city’s revenue.
Dr. Manalo is a member of the National Association of Social Worker (NASW), and he has served on many local and statewide committees. Currently, he serves as a member of the NASW Political Action for Candidate Election committee, and he is the founder of the Peace & Justice Ministry at Holy Family Catholic Church in Artesia.
Dr. Manalo lives in Artesia with his wife, Monica, and their three children.
• Finance Committee – Liaison
• Parks & Recreation Committee – Liaison
• Maintenance Committee – Liaison
• Business License Review Committee – Liaison
• Chamber of Commerce – Liaison
• Artesia Library Committee – Liaison
• Southeast L.A. County Workforce Investment Board – Appointee
• American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employee Committee – Liaison
• ABC Unified School District Committee – Liaison
• Orangeline Development Authority – Liaison