CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER 18747 CLARKDALE AVE ARTESIA, CALIFORNIA - (562) 865-6262
MONDAY, AUGUST 12, 2013
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION DOUGLAS VAN GESSEL (In Accordance with the Court s Decision in Rubin v. City of Burbank, only non- sectarian prayers/invocations are allowed during the invocation)
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE GIRL SCOUT TROOP
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING SPEAKER CARDS Anyone wishing to speak to the City Council should fill out a speaker card and give that card to the City Clerk at the staff table prior to the commencement of the meeting. Please observe a time limit of three (3) minutes when giving your presentation.
CITIZEN COMMENTS ON ITEMS THAT ARE NOT ON THE AGENDA This time is for members of the public to address the Council members on items that are not listed on the agenda. Any public comments that cannot be heard within the next 20 minutes will be heard at the end of the meeting.
1. PORTRAITS MISS ARTESIA AND MISS ARTESIA TEEN 2013 AND 2014
2. ARTESIA LIBRARY MONTHLY EVENTS
3. ARTESIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE UPDATE AND QUARTERLY REPORT
4. SGT. KNAPP S INFORMATIONAL BRIEF
CONSENT CALENDAR It is recommended that Items 5 through 13 be acted on simultaneously in one vote unless a member of the City Council requests separate discussion and/or action on the item. In the event a City Council requests separate discussion on a consent calendar, the City Council will consider that item immediately following approval of the rest of the consent calendar.
5. EXCUSING COUNCILMEMBERS WHO ARE ABSENT FROM MEETING
6. WAIVING OF FULL READING OF ORDINANCES LISTED ON AGENDA
7. APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CHECK REGISTER
10. APPROVAL OF COMMISSION MINUTES PLANNING COMMISSION
11. ARTESIA STRATEGIC PLAN UPDATE
12 AWARD OF BID FOR TEMPORARY SIDEWALK IMPROVEMENT ON ELAINE AVENUE FROM 170TH STREET TO 166TH STREET
13. CASE NO. 2013-14 VARIANCE MODIFICATION, CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT MODIFICATION, AND DESIGN REVIEW 18500 PIONEER BOULEVARD
Manny Gomes, 18500 Pioneer Boulevard, Ste. 205, Artesia, Ca. 90701 A request for approval to modify an existing parking variance (V-425), conditional use permit (CUP No. 530) and approve a design review application for parking lot and fa ade improvements to an existing commercial retail property located at 18500 Pioneer Boulevard in the Commercial General (C-G) Zone and making a determination of categorical exemption under CEQA.
14. RESOLUTION NO. 13-2398 A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Artesia Finding the City to be in Compliance with the Congestion Management Program (CMP) and Adopting the CMP Local Development Report in Accordance with California Government Code Section 65089 (ADOPTION)
15. IMPLEMENTING A CITY-WIDE WAYFINDING SIGN PROGRAM
16. RESTAURANT INCENTIVE PROGRAM
DEPARTMENT HEAD AND INTERIM CITY MANAGER INFORMATION BRIEFS
ADDITIONAL CITIZEN COMMENTS This time is set-aside for the public to address the City Council on any item of interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council that could not be heard under citizen comment section at the beginning of the meeting.
COUNCILMEMBER REPORTING ON EXTERNAL COMMITTEE MEETINGS ATTENDED This is the time for the City Council to report on external committee meetings attended. Please observe a time limit of three (3) minutes when presenting your comments.
COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS This is the time for additional general comment, announcements, and requests of staff and/or other issues of concern to Council members that may briefly be presented at this time.
COUNCILMEMBER ATTENDANCE AT UPCOMING CONFERENCES This is the time for the City Council to consider and select up to three Council members to attend conferences. - CALENDAR OF CONFERENCES
COUNCILMEMBER REPORTS ON MEETINGS ATTENDED AT PUBLIC EXPENSE
ADJOURNMENT TO REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING OF SEPTEMBER 9, 2013
The City of Artesia complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you require special assistance to attend or participate in this meeting, please call the City Clerk s office at 562-865-6262 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting Copies of Staff Reports are on file in the Office of the City Clerk and are available for inspection. Anyone who requires audio assistance to listen to these proceedings may request the use of an assistive listening device (ALD) from the City Clerk. If you require said device, please come forward to the City Clerk at the staff table for assistance.